EDCO ANNOUNCES THE EARLY STAGE FINALISTS PRESENTING AT THE BEND VENTURE CONFERENCE OCTOBER 21-22, 2021
Tonsil Tech wins PubTalk Audience Award, walks away with $3,000
BEND, Ore. – September 24, 2021 – Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) announces the five finalists advancing in the Early Stage competition for the 18th Annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC) on Thursday, October 21 – Friday, October 22, 2021. These companies will compete for a minimum investment of $30,000 from Portland Seed Fund.
Eight companies took the stage both virtually and in-person to pitch during last night’s Central Oregon PubTalk. This competition includes companies that have a great idea and are close to “proof of concept.” They are pre-revenue (or very early) and are in the process of testing their product in the market. The Early Stage companies will pitch during BVC on Friday, October 22nd.
In addition to being a finalist, Tonsil Tech won the audience vote and received a $3,000 cash award, courtesy of Washington Trust Bank.
In alphabetical order, the Early Stage finalists that will compete at BVC are:
- cannecht (Bend, OR) – A digital marketplace to help cannabis operators find and secure service contracts with trusted providers.
- KinectAir (Vancouver, WA) – Private aviation made public. Affordable, soon-to-be electric, aircraft booked from your smartphone using local community airports.
- LifeAir (Portland, OR) – Saving millions of lives by pioneering the first ventilator that eliminates patient-to-patient transmission of diseases, such as pneumonia and COVID.
- Radious (Portland, OR) – An online marketplace for rentable home office and meeting space.
- Tonsil Tech (Redmond, OR) – At-home handheld device to remove tonsil stones painlessly and effectively.
Tickets to the 18th Annual Bend Venture Conference are on sale now and are available here.
About Bend Venture Conference (BVC)
Now in its 18th year, BVC, hosted by EDCO, is one of the largest angel conferences in the country. Over the past five years, more than $10 million has been invested in 40 companies as a result of the conference. This year’s conference will take place October 21-22, 2021, gathering entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders. bendvc.com
About Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO)
EDCO is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders, whose mission is to create middle-class jobs in Central Oregon by recruiting new employers to move to the region; helping entrepreneurs start new, scalable businesses; and working with businesses that are already here to grow their operations. edcoinfo.com