Make a significant impact within the Central Oregon Business community by joining Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) as the Bend Area Director. This role is the business retention and expansion (BRE) and recruitment specialist for the Bend Area. Directly responsible for working with the City of Bend and specifically with the Bend Economic Development Advisory Board (BEDAB) this role will be outward-facing in the community in sharing how EDCO benefits our region as a whole. With equal parts strategic and tactical/administrative, we are seeking a roll-up-your-sleeves, no-task is too big (or too small) partner to truly make an impact within the Central Oregon business community.
Here are a few key goals for you in this position:
- Coordinate & perform outreach to the 600+ traded-sector businesses within Bend and nearby unincorporated areas.
- Play a part in strengthening and diversifying our economy by recruiting and retaining businesses that represent a wide array of industries.
- Advocate for business needs with the City & Deschutes County staff, elected officials and funding agencies.
- Represent EDCO on the BEDAB and work closely with the City Economic Development Department.
- Flourish as part of a small, cohesive, talented, passionate, and accountable team of professionals.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references with the subject line “Bend Area Director EDCO” to our recruiter: email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe why you think you could be the person for this job and what you’ve accomplished in your career that closely relates to this role.
For the complete job description, click here.