DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS- Bend, Oregon
For confidential consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Turner, [email protected], Express Employment Professionals, Specialized Recruiting Group (541-389-1505).
$65,000-$85,000 per year.
About the role
EDCO’s Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for establishing the voice of the organization and developing and managing content related to its efforts. This position oversees EDCO’s websites, blogging and other social media efforts, publications, and presentations. The person in this position will work with media on both an inbound and outbound basis and will deliver content to diverse audiences (including business owners, entrepreneurs, community leaders, elected officials, and residents) for diverse purposes. Additionally, the position assists with outbound marketing to drive event attendance, build membership and augments recruitment efforts designed to attract employers from outside the tri-county region. The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the EDCO website, www.edcoinfo.com, which is persuasive, designed to attract new companies, advertise upcoming events and seminars, help build membership, and serves as EDCO’s silent employee, working 24×7, to provide insight and data on the Central Oregon economy. This site will be revamped as needed and consistently maintained by the person in this role. A secondary site, relating to the Bend Venture Conference, www.bendvc.com, requires similar, seasonal, maintenance.
- Gathering information and mining data from a variety of sources to tell stories in a clear, cohesive, and concise way
- Writing and coordinating distribution of press releases and other articles
- Developing and overseeing the growth of EDCO’s social media footprint and marketing campaign
- Creating original content for digital publishing and presentation platforms for public speaking engagements for the EDCO team
- Proofing/editing contributed content
- Working with company, government, education, and other organization’s communications experts to mine relevant data and collaborate on joint communications and advocacy work
- Managing content creation and updates across the websites and social media channels
- Researching and coordinating efforts by other team members to successfully produce Area Profile publications for communities across the region
- Planning, managing and executing an editorial calendar to drive communications
- Measuring content effectiveness via tools like web analytics
- Gaining industry knowledge and developing a network of contacts to generate new and interesting stories to highlight the Move. Start. Grow. mission of EDCO
- Oversee the promotion of EDCO events, including Central Oregon PubTalks, the Bend Venture Conference, the ‘Made in Tours’, the EDCO Annual Luncheon, and others
- Work with EDCO Legislative Affairs Committee and Local Directors to develop and deliver EDCO’s position on local, state and federal policy making decisions
The ideal candidate has:
• The ability to communicate professionally and efficiently via written and oral methods
• Strong narrative instincts and the ability to spot and construct stories (best-in-class storytelling)
• Technical experience in print, social media, website development and maintenance, and email content development and maintenance
• A proven ability to carry a voice and brand persona across an organization/company
• Initiative, self-motivation and organizational habits to work independently and on deadline
• Design experience and proficiency with photo editing tools
• A solid understanding of SEO-driven content creation and a firm grasp of keyword analytics
• The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
• The ability to understand technical political concepts and policies to deliver clear and concise messaging
• The passion and energy to move large, complex projects forward on a timely basis in a collaborative environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, photo editing tools, and design platforms like Canva and others
The ideal candidate should have:
• An undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, and/or journalism
• 7 to 10 years of developing and publishing content, with 1 to 3 years in the online arena, specifically social media. Key social platforms are LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Experience with public policy
• Basic (troubleshooting) knowledge of HTML and experience with other platforms, i.e. WordPress
EDCO Director of Events
For confidential consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Turner, Express Employment Professionals,
Specialized Recruiting Group (541-389-1505).
EDCO provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees and does not discriminate based on race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.