The Lifestyle City Cultivating Tomorrow’s Economy
As Oregon’s largest city east of the Cascade Mountains, Bend is the commercial, recreational, and innovation center of Central Oregon. Renowned for its scenic setting and year-round recreational activities, the city is rapidly becoming known for its growing economy and entrepreneurial spirit. Bend’s expanding industries include software and high tech, bioscience, outdoor recreation products, aviation, manufacturing, craft brewing, and distilling.
As for work-life balance, Bend serves up big-city amenities with small-town advantages. The city has the cultural opportunities and the medical facilities of a larger metropolitan area, but the lower living costs and short commutes of a smaller community. Bend is a place where you can happily raise families and get to know your neighbors. And, the city is famous for its easy access to rivers, mountains, trails, and lakes.
Growing your business in Bend means access to a skilled workforce, attractive incentive packages, a competitive tax environment and robust infrastructure. Combined with an unrivaled quality of life and work-life balance, Bend truly delivers the best of both worlds.
Bend Area Manager
(541) 388-3236 x 4
- Active, Growing Entrepreneurial Community – Bend Venture Conference, TechAlliance, Stable of Experts, Seven Peaks Venture Fund, Cascade Angels
- Nearby Airport with Direction Connections to Western Hubs – San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver, Phoenix
- Converging State Highway System – Direct connections to border states
- Access to Regional Workforce – Quality, and skilled professionals. Tri-county area workforce and support programs
- Business Support Organizations (BSO) – Outstanding support for local businesses
- Outstanding Education – Oregon State University-Cascades, Central Oregon Community College (COCC), Bend-La Pine School District
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Forgivable loans, tax abatement, fast-track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, water, lease, wage, and tax rates
- Livability – Bend Parks and Recreation District, Mt. Bachelor, Deschutes River
- Cutting-Edge Medical Care – St. Charles Medical System, Bend Memorial Clinic, High Lakes Health Care, Mosaic Medical
I’m passionate about EDCO and economic development because….
I’m passionate about EDCO and economic development because I have seen EDCO be a driving force to create living wage jobs in our community and expand the diversity of employment opportunities. I believe this creates a better community for everyone and also gives me hope that one day my daughter can find a rewarding career in the profession of her choice here.
The EDCO project I’m most proud of (and why)…
I am pretty excited about BVC in general having participated for a number of years and seen the exposure it generates for the companies and the region. My first project in Bend will likely beat it though!
I live in Central Oregon because…
The quality of life and the outdoor sports available to take advantage of. While the sports have changed over time and I now appreciate how amazing Bend is for my family I am still in love with our location.
When not working, you’ll find me…
When not working, you’ll find me working around the house, gardening or out on a trail of some kind.
My Central Oregon happy place is…
Pretty much any downhill section of single track.
My favorite local beverage is…
My favorite local beverage is Humm Kombucha’s Coconut Lime Kombucha.
My favorite anthem is…
White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
Ask me about:
Ask me about Solar