The Lifestyle City Cultivating Tomorrow’s Economy
As Oregon’s largest city east of the Cascade Mountains, Bend is the commercial, recreational, and innovation center of Central Oregon. Renowned for its scenic setting and year-round recreational activities, the city is rapidly becoming known for its growing economy and entrepreneurial spirit. Bend’s expanding industries include software and high tech, bioscience, outdoor recreation products, aviation, manufacturing, craft brewing and distilling.
As for work-life balance, Bend serves up big city amenities with small town advantages. The city has the cultural opportunities and the medical facilities of a larger metropolitan area, but the lower living costs and short commutes of a smaller community. Bend is a place where you can happily raise families and get to know your neighbors. And, the city is famous for its easy access to rivers, mountains, trails and lakes.
Growing your business in Bend means access to a skilled workforce, attractive incentive packages, a competitive tax environment and robust infrastructure. Combined with an unrivaled quality of life and work-life balance, Bend truly delivers the best of both worlds.
Bend Area Manager
(541) 388-3236 ext. 4
- Active, Growing Entrepreneurial Community – Bend Venture Conference, TechAlliance, Stable of Experts, Seven Peaks Venture Fund, Cascade Angels
- Nearby Airport with Direction Connections to Western Hubs – San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City
- Converging State Highway System – Direct connections to border states
- Access to Regional Workforce – Quality, and skilled professionals. Tri-county area workforce and support programs
- Business Support Organizations (BSO) – Outstanding support for local businesses
- Outstanding Education – Oregon State University-Cascades, Central Oregon Community College (COCC), Bend-LaPine School District
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Forgivable loans, tax abatement, fast track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, water, lease, wage, and tax rates
- Livability – Bend Parks and Recreation District, Mt. Bachelor, Deschutes River
- Cutting-Edge Medical Care – St. Charles Medical System, Bend Memorial Clinic, High Lakes Health Care, Mosaic Medical