Live where you play!
Jefferson County has a great deal to offer businesses and their employees. With majestic views of the Cascade Mountains, the county is home to the confluence of the Deschutes, Crooked and Metolius Rivers and several miles of scenic lakes. At the center of the county, sits Madras – a city with affordable homes, well-established manufacturers and the best industrial land prices in the region.
The five communities of Jefferson County include Madras, Metolius, Culver, Warm Springs and Crooked River Ranch. Together, we share a common desire for a vibrant future. Our “can do” style of doing business, tax incentives and wage and cost of living advantages are a benefit to companies locating and expanding in this spectacular area of Central Oregon.
If you are interested in livability, affordability, community spirit, and rich mix of cultures, we welcome you here!
- Access to Regional Workforce – Easy commute from any point in Central Oregon
- Converging State Highway System – US Hwy 97 (Canada to Mexico) and US Hwy 26 (Portland and the Oregon Coast to Nebraska)
- Rail Transportation – BNSF and UP railways share the mainline and provide Madras, Metolius and Culver direct rail shipping to the US market, Canada and Mexico
- Airports – Madras Airport is a rapidly growing category 4 general aviation airport, and a few miles south is Redmond Regional Airport with direct connections to six western hubs.
- UAV – Warm Springs Reservation is one of the six new UAV/UAS test sites in the US
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Local loan programs, tax abatements, fast track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Very affordable industrial land costs, competitive power, wage and tax rates
- Livability – Boating, camping, fishing, golf, hiking, hunting, rock climbing, rock hounding, skiing, swimming, tennis, rafting, car/boat racing, performing arts center
- Recent Investments in Education – Central Oregon Community College Campus, Jefferson County Open Campus with COCC, OSU and local school districts, newly constructed sports complex and performing arts center in Madras and K-8 Warm Springs Academy
Jefferson County Economic Development Director
I’m passionate about EDCO and economic development because…
I want this beautiful, fun corner of Central Oregon where I grew up to be economically healthy and vibrant, and I enjoy doing my part to help make it happen!
The EDCO project I’m most proud of (and why)…
Helping Aero Air, dba Erickson Air Tanker, with their Enterprise Zone, a first of its kind in the state. Incentives are an important component for new and expanding businesses and Erickson Air Tanker and The Erickson Aircraft Collection are awesome new community partners!
I live in Central Oregon because…
It’s always been my home and in all my travels, I love coming back to the mountains and sunshine.
When I’m not working, you’ll find me…
On a warm tropical island diving, exploring or on the beach with a mai tai!
My Central Oregon happy place is…
Summer time at the lake, relaxing in the sun and sleeping under the stars on our little houseboat, aka our floating tiki bar.