The Authentic Capital of Central Oregon
About Prineville/Crook County
Established in 1868, Prineville is the oldest community in Central Oregon and one of the state’s first incorporated cities. Prineville’s origins are tied to the land in agriculture, forest products, the railroad, and manufacturing.
As a community, we are united in our efforts to grow and diversify Crook County’s economic base, ensuring long-term economic vitality, and providing residents with family-wage jobs. When you visit Prineville and surrounding areas in Crook County, you’ll discover the heritage of a frontier town, the ideals of the area’s family focus, and the pride of a community dedicated to progress.
Prineville Area Manager
- Access to Regional Workforce – close to geographic center of region
- Home to National Data Centers
- Access to State Highway System – Direct connections to border states
- Access to Multi-Modal Freight – Prineville owns and operates one of the few city-owned railroads in the country with access to two class 1 railroads. (BNSF and UP)
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Tax abatement, fast-track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, lease, wage, and tax rates
- Livability – Boating, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, horseback riding, hunting, rock climbing, skiing, swimming, tennis, and rafting all within 30 minutes
- Recent Investments in Education & Healthcare – Career and Technical Training in Manufacturing at Crook County High School, Newly Constructed COCC/OSU Open Campus, St. Charles Prineville
Prineville/Crook County Manager
I’m passionate about EDCO and economic development because…
I love my community and want to see it thriving. I live and work in Crook County and I’m raising my family here.
When not working, you’ll find me …
Spending time with family, cooking, swimming, camping, or reading.
My Central Oregon happy place is…
My favorite local beverage is…
Ask me about…
Why Prineville is the best place in Central Oregon!