The Hub of Central Oregon
Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, world-class outdoor activities, and a community of welcoming citizens, Redmond is proud to be the “hub” of Central Oregon, located at the geographic center of our thriving tri-county area.
As a community of nearly 30,000, we pride ourselves on being business-friendly and progressive. Focused on our quality of life and future vitality, we strive to create opportunities for individuals, families, and business enterprises to succeed.
Redmond has been favored by one of our fastest growing industries, manufacturing, which has grown by 50% in employment over the last five years. The community is home to a strong mix of primary employers including medical device manufacturing; precision metals manufacturing and fabrication; food manufacturing and distribution; machinery repair, sales, and distribution; clean technology; medical claims processing and call center facilities.
Redmond is a dedicated and resilient community with a strong sense of family, community values, and openness to new residents and future friends. If you are interested in learning more about how your business can thrive in Redmond, please contact Redmond Economic Development, Inc. (REDI) at (541) 923-5223 or [email protected]. We hope you enjoy your virtual tour of our region!
Redmond Area Manager
- Access to Regional Workforce – Geographic center of region
- Converging State Highway System – Direct connections to border states
- Home to the Region’s Commercial Airport – Direct connections to six U.S. destinations
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Forgivable loans, tax abatements, fast-track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, lease, wage, and tax rates
- Livability – Boating, camping, fishing, golf, hiking, horseback riding, hunting, rock climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, swimming, tennis, and rafting all within 30 minutes
- Recent Investments in Education – Manufacturing and Applied Technology Center, new Ridgeview High School, Career and Technical Training in Manufacturing at Redmond High School, and the newly constructed Redmond Technology Education Center
Redmond Director REDI
I live in Central Oregon because…
Lifestyle and proximity to outdoor adventures. I am also fond of the culture of the Redmond community, it just feels like home. I enjoy weekend camping trips to local lakes in the summer with my family. Can’t beat the commute to or from – 30-40 minutes!
When I’m not working, you’ll find me…
Fishing on the Deschutes or Columbia River or camping and enjoying water sports with my family.
My Central Oregon happy place is…
Paulina Lake in mid-June – the Kokanee fishing is spectacular.
My favorite local beverage is…
I sure enjoy the margarita’s at Diego’s in Redmond!
My closest brush with fame was…
An opportunity to competitively ski race at the national level, but I fell short of a US Ski Team berth.
Ask me about..
How to catch Deschutes River Steelhead, Columbia River Spring Chinook or Fall Salmon or how to make the best sidecar (brandy margarita) on the planet.