The Inspiration Destination
Nestled at the base of the “ever-inspiring” Three Sisters Mountains and Cascades Mountain Range, Sisters celebrates its pioneering history and creative spirit with strong community pride.
Sisters is a village-style, family values-centered community. We have outstanding small class-sized schools known for their innovative educational programs as well as a thriving arts culture. Thanks to our expanding and well-organized forest trail system, there is ready access to a diverse array of outdoor recreation activities including hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, and equestrian. And, our community is philanthropic to its core, offering continuous support for local schools, arts and culture organizations, local events, and our citizens with countless hours of volunteerism.
We are proud to host such world-renowned events as The Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, The Sisters Rodeo, and The Sisters Folk Festival – all of which attract growing audiences of new visitors each year.
Business and industry in Sisters is highly diverse. Local businesses represent a wide variety of industries, including:
- Aviation/flight science
- Green bio-based energy
- Critical power
- Food processing
- Creative arts
- High tech/software
- Light manufacturing
Companies in Sisters coexist with a respect for and appreciation of our natural resources, clean environment, air, and water. They make an invaluable contribution to Sisters’ livability, economic vitality, and high quality of life.
Sisters Area Manager
- Access to Regional Workforce – Commuting distance from Bend/Redmond under 20 miles.
- Highway Gateway – Located on Interstate 20 (a major Oregon transportation resource) which connects Sisters (and Central Oregon) to Interstate 5 and Interstate 97 as well as direct connections to border states (WA, CA, ID)
- ODOT estimates approx. 5 Million cars pass through Sisters, Oregon annually
- Near to Redmond Regional Commercial Airport – Direct connections to six U.S. destinations
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Forgivable loans, tax abatements, fast track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, lease, wage and tax rates
- Livability – Clean air, clean water, mountain scapes, creeks/lakes, trails, camping, fishing, golf, hiking, horseback, hunting, skiing, snowshoe, swim, tennis, sailing and rafting…outstanding schools and proud community!!!
- Recent Investments in Education –Recipient of S.T.E.A.M. and Career and Technical Education Grant; New Future Business Leaders of America Charter-local high school students earned berth at National Leadership Conference
I’m passionate about EDCO and economic development because…
It’s such rewarding work! Every day we help business owners and entrepreneurs connect to valuable resources to assist with their success. Strategic projects foster local entrepreneurialism with a positive, engaging, and supportive business climate. In addition, everyone is affected by the work we do! By assisting small businesses and entrepreneurs, we contribute positively to society by strengthening the economy. Our assistance helps to protect and enhance our quality of life.
When I’m not working, you’ll find me…
With friends and my teenage sons, Tristan and Brendan, running trails, skiing, mountain biking, sailing, scuba diving trips, riding my horse Lily, listening (or dancing) to music.
My Central Oregon happy place is…
The Peterson Ridge Trail, skiing at HooDoo, or horse camping with the saddlebags.
My favorite local beverage is…
Vaquero IPA at Three Creeks Brewery.