The Inspiration Destination
Nestled at the base of the “ever-inspiring” Three Sisters Mountains and Cascades Mountain Range, Sisters celebrates its pioneering history and creative spirit with strong community pride.
Sisters and its larger surrounding area, known as “Sisters Country,” is recognized for its outstanding school system, abundant outdoor recreational opportunities, rich arts and cultural scene, supportive business community, and a rural, community-focused top-quality lifestyle. Conveniently located on U.S. Highway 20, Sisters’ downtown core is characterized by small, authentic lifestyle retail stores and restaurants. The town boasts all of the commercial attributes needed to attract business owners and entrepreneurs who support and appreciate the community’s values and vision. Sisters has blossomed from a tourism-based economy to one that is attracting world-renowned companies in manufacturing, natural food products, and more. Companies in Sisters coexist with a respect for and appreciation of our natural resources, clean environment, air, and water. They make an invaluable contribution to Sisters’ livability, economic vitality, and high quality of life.
To provide an overview of Sisters, EDCO publishes the Sisters Economic Profile. This annual report includes a statistical snapshot of the regional economy with trend information about employment, population, and other frequently requested data.
Eric Strobel, Sisters Area Director
Eric@edcoinfo.com | P: (541) 410-8630
- Supportive Business Community – Quarterly business roundtables, business-friendly city council, and staff offer collaborative solutions for business owners.
- Leaseable Space – Recent building projects have provided Sisters with plenty of leasable space for businesses.
- Access to Regional Workforce – Commuting distance from Bend/Redmond approximately 20 miles.
- Highway Gateway – Located on Interstate 20 (a major Oregon transportation resource) which connects Sisters (and Central Oregon) to Interstate 5 and Interstate 97 as well as direct connections to border states (WA, CA, ID)
- Near to Redmond Regional Commercial Airport – Direct connections to twelve U.S. destinations
- Incentive Programs for Growing and Relocating Businesses – Forgivable loans, property tax abatements, fast track permitting and fee reductions, workforce training
- Favorable Business Costs – Competitive power, lease, wage and tax rates
- Livability – Clean air, clean water, mountainscapes, creeks/lakes, trails, camping, fishing, golf, hiking, horseback, hunting, skiing, snowshoe, swim, tennis, sailing, and rafting…outstanding schools and proud community!!!