You help us build the region’s future, and we’ll help you build yours. It’s a deal!
Why Join EDCO as a Member?
Central Oregon business begins with Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO). Joining us as a member is the best way to get and stay connected in our region. Further, it’s partnerships with our members that has propelled the tri-county to be among the top performers in the U.S.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP HELPS UNDERWRITE A VARIETY OF SUPPORT AND RESOURCES:
BUILDING A PROSPEROUS & SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY
Your membership, financial support and ambassadorship helps us achieve our goals to build a stronger, more stable and diversified local economy. As we achieve these goals, we are creating more business opportunities for local companies and more jobs for the growing number of people who want to work, play and raise families here. In turn, you’re helping create a sustainable economy for generations to come.
EDCO hosts 50+ events annually, all geared towards the business community by networking, sharing new ideas and having fun. Our events include:
- Monthly Central Oregon PubTalks
- Annual Luncheon
- “Made in” Tours across the region
- Local Annual Luncheons & Tours
- Bend Venture Conference (BVC)
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITY MANAGER’S EFFORTS & SERVICES
EDCO is unique to other economic development organizations in that we have local directors in each community – Bend, Redmond, Sisters, Madras, Prineville, and Sunriver/La Pine. These full-time professionals are on the ground daily recruiting, collaborating, advising, and connecting businesses.
STABLE OF EXPERTS (SOE)
The SOE network consists of highly accomplished, seasoned professionals with a passion for start-ups and small businesses. These individuals generously volunteer their expertise and guidance to help local companies develop and grow, filling gaps and needs at critical junctures and acting as trusted advisors.
ADDITIONAL EDCO MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
In addition to the innate desire to support the healthy economic growth of Central Oregon, other value add benefits include:
- Enjoy discounted rates to popular EDCO events
- Promote your business through our online directory, sponsorship opportunities, and the EDCO member network
- Consider the opportunity to serve on the EDCO Board of Directors
- Be a part of the region’s best business network of leaders, investors, partners, and advisors
- Get connected and stay up to date about business developments, economic trends, and changes in the national, state and local economy
- Leverage business referrals and assistance from EDCO’s staff and resource partners
- Make a difference in your community’s future by uniting efforts with other prominent business leaders
As a private non-profit, all of EDCO’s services are free, which is made possible by the generosity of our members and other contributions. It is this support that allows EDCO to move the needle on a daily basis as we help companies do the following:
MOVE: We attract and guide manufacturing, high tech, and other companies through the relocation process as a resource for regional data, incentives, talent, site selection and more. There are a variety of reasons for a business to move their operations to Central Oregon, including a diverse and dynamic business community, top-notch talent, some of the Northwest’s lowest operating costs, critical infrastructure, some of the lowest cost utilities in the country, and, yes it’s true, a real work-life balance.
START: We mentor and advise scalable young companies from concept to exit on issues such as access to capital, critical expertise and strategy. Entrepreneurship is in Central Oregon’s DNA! We are fast becoming one of the most dynamic environments for startups in the country. We have a large population of brilliant and experienced risk takers who are building their own companies while tapping an impressive pool of local talent. Innovative, robust business platforms and support programs are busy helping local startups grow smart and fast. Seasoned people are retiring here with decades of expertise in biotech, high tech, manufacturing, aerospace, and other industries and are actively partnering with new ventures to advise, invest in and scale companies to success.
GROW: We partner with local traded-sector companies to help them grow and expand. Local, traded-sector businesses create the job engine of the Central Oregon economy by exporting products and services out of the region and importing wealth back into the community. They provide steady employment and economic stability for current and future generations, invest and give back to our community and are the foundation on which we continue to grow and diversify the region. EDCO acts as an advocate and assists in finding financing, collaborating with local municipalities and agencies, sourcing vendors, workforce training, and recruiting employees.
2018 – 2019 Highlights
- Unprecedented! Bend-Redmond #1 three consecutive years: Best Performing Small Metro in the U.S. – Milken Institute
- Central Oregon PubTalk: Over 1,700 attendees featuring startups and renowned educational speakers covering a multitude of topics
- 2018 BVC spurred over $2.35 million in investments in seven companies
- The BVC, LLC marked its fifth investor exit. Investors participating every year in the fund since 2006 have received approximately 5x their money back (cash on cash), with investments remaining in 11 companies
- Helped 24 businesses create 183 jobs in Central Oregon
- An additional 113 companies in EDCO’s pipeline
- Two new flight destinations debuted at RDM, with United adding service to Chicago and Sun Country Airlines heading to Las Vegas
- In the wings: Allegiant Airlines adding flights to Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa
- 200 interns placed via Youth CareerConnect in the past 2 years
Thank you for considering joining EDCO.
To learn more, please call Heidi Hausner at 541-388-3236 X7.
To download an application, click here.