Founded in 1981, EDCO is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders. Our mission is to create a diversified local economy and a strong base of middle-income jobs in Central Oregon. To do this, we focus on helping companies do the following:
MOVE. We attract and guide outside employers through the relocation process as a resource for regional data, incentive, talent, site selection, and more.
START. We mentor and advise scalable young companies from concept to exit on issues such as access to capital, critical expertise, and strategy.
GROW. We partner with local traded-sector companies to help them grow and expand.
Where you get to live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
About the role
The Director of Membership is responsible for growing and maintaining EDCO’s membership base, which helps fund the organization. It is a very public, outward-facing role designed to share broadly how EDCO’s efforts benefit the Central Oregon region. While the primary focus is membership sales in the Bend area, the position also assists with regional membership objectives that financially support our network of local offices. This is an excellent chance to make an impact within the Central Oregon business community.
The ideal candidate has:
- Has proven success in previous sales and/or business development roles
- Understands that “one size doesn’t fit all” in terms of outreach and messaging, and can adapt as needed to effectively deliver the EDCO message appropriately to a wide variety of audiences
- Possesses personal characteristics like authenticity, a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, humility, accountability, resourcefulness, dependability
- Has strong written and oral communication skills, can think on their feet, is a self-manager and can manage priorities
- Can genuinely connect with people and develop a quick rapport, which lends itself to “closing the deal” with new members and as well as retaining existing ones
- Is familiar with the Central Oregon business community and has a strong motivation to advance EDCO’s mission to strengthen the region’s economy
- Is an organized, self-driven manager and has excellent follow-through on existing membership retention/leads, while consistently curating new leads
- Thrives in a collaborative, fun, yet professional team environment where an “all hands on deck” approach is key to the organization’s culture as needed
- Has an aptitude for CRM systems like ACT!, Salesforce, Executive Pulse, etc., software programs like the Microsoft Office suite of programs, Canva, email tracking software like Hubspot, MixMatch, & Yesware, and email marketing tools like Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Growing membership revenue by 20-25% during the current and upcoming fiscal year (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023, and July 1, 2023-June 30, 2024)
- Conducting research and outreach and executing stewardship plans as needed to identify and cultivate member prospects
- Managing and maintaining database(s) of new and renewing members
- Collaborating with EDCO team to build and share a pipeline of leads
- Working alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications to generate content and write/produce bi-monthly newsletters to support communications related to membership value and return on investment
- Researching and building target outreach lists and connecting people with resources
- Tracking metrics and communicating results for the sake of reporting progress as needed
- Developing and executing on an aggressive sales plan
- Promoting, creating, managing, and communicating process by which members get elected to serve on the Board of Directors
- Working with Director of Marketing & Communications to build a strong online presence (website, social media, etc.) as well as membership marketing collateral
- Attending events (EDCO’s and others) to grow your network, promote membership, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EDCO Chief Operating Officer
For confidential consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Sam Lambert, Mid Oregon Personnel at [email protected]